Relieve yourself of the overwhelm + stress that the diet industry brings you
Do this diet, do that workout.
Don’t do that, don’t do this.
Eat this, don’t eat that.
Workout like this, don’t workout like that.
Keto, low carb, gluten-free, paleo, weight watchers, plant based, carnivore, intermittent fasting noom, macros, calorie tracking…
Eat less, workout more
Actually workout less, eat more.
Crossfit, Orangetheory, F-45, Burn Bootcamp, Yoga, Pilates, Run, Lift…
Heal your gut, balance your hormones…
And dare I mention…Give yourself a shot to help you lose weight (IYKYK).
Does your head hurt yet? Mine sure does! The list is never-ending + it is definitely OVERWHELMING!
So what the F*** are you supposed to do OR not do?
Well the answer is probably not what you’re expecting, surprisingly the answer is…IT DEPENDS!
There truly is no one right way to go about nutrition + fitness. Every human is unique and therefore, your wellness journey is also unique to you as an individual.
So what I am saying here is: Stop doing X diet + Y exercise plan because your bestie did it for 30 days and lost 20lbs.
Could it work for you too? Maybe…
Is it realistic, simple + sustainable? Probably not.
Is it what your body needs? Debatable + unlikely.
First, any program that you lose more than 1-2lbs a week, it’s HIGHLY likely that you gain it back in the near future. So while it might seem like your bestie’s plan “worked”, it actually didn’t.
Second, the discipline + restriction it takes to lose almost 1lb a day is unrealistic + not sustainable. Which also means it is not simple + most likely a bit or VERY overwhelming.
YOUR DIET SHOULD:
- Include enough food that leaves you feeling satisfied, energized physically + mentally.
- Include plenty of micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, etc) to support everything from your brain to your hormones to your gut.
- Allow you to sleep well + have good digestion (ie regular bowel movements)
- Not stress you out (ie too restrictive, too complex)
- Be flexible, so you can enjoy social events + ice cream with your children if this is something you would like to do.
- Not leave you binging chips or oreos at night because you are HANGRY!
- Be something you can do consistently every day
Your diet does NOT need a fancy title or name. It can simply just be what it is..a DIET!
YOUR EXERCISE PROGRAM SHOULD:
- Be enjoyable for you
- Include resistance training
- Include low impact activities like walking
- Include exercise snacking (movement throughout the day so you’re never sedentary for too long – ie: 10 squats during a call, taking the stairs, dancing to your favorite song)
- Be something you can consistently do on a regular basis
So the next time you are trying to decide what diet or fitness program you should start, come back to this blog and make sure it falls in line with the above. If it does, I can promise you will have a successful wellness journey + feel really good from the inside out!
To sum this all up + keep things simple, because the last thing I want you is for you to finish reading + still be confused or more overwhelmed than you were prior to opening this blog…
- The best diet for you is the one that brings you healthy benefits + you can be consistent with for more than 30, 60, 75 days (you get the point ;))
- The best exercise program for you should include walking + strength training, but also be something you thoroughly enjoy. Because if you don’t enjoy it, you are much less likely to do it! *Note: you won’t enjoy every single exercise or workout, so this will take sacrifices here and there
- Lastly, before you try to heal your gut + balance your hormones, it’s important you first master the foundations of health, because doing so could be exactly what you need to heal + balance your mind + body
Pillars of Health
Get at least 7-8 hours of quality sleep every night
Manage + minimize stress
Hydrate with water + replenish your electrolytes
Eat adequate amount of protein + vegetables
Strength train 3x a week
If you are still feeling overwhelmed + unsure of what the right next step is for YOU, please reach out to me. I would love to have a no pressure conversation to help you identify what is holding you back + what YOU need as an individual to overcome your nutrition + fitness challenges + finally achieve the goals you have been trying to, for some time now.
In the meantime, you can get more free wellness tips + inspiration in a few ways:
Join my free facebook group: The Fueled + Fit Community
Text STRONG to 302-303-5895 for a FREE weekly wellness text!
Ready to take the next step in your wellness journey?
Before you X out of this to drink some water, eat some protein + take a walk be sure to check out the blog bonus at the end.
To help you get started or to continue working on mastering the healthy foundations, here are a few things I recommend to make becoming + stay healthy simple + sustainable:
Sleep Mask – because sleep should be your #1 priority when it comes to health + this mask will allow for better quality sleep!
Thrive Market Membership (40% off your first order) – healthy groceries with a click of a button, delivered right to your door…game changer!
Kion Protein (code: BSTRONG for 10% off) – to help you get enough protein in your diet, because remember adequate protein is a pillar of good health
Water Bottle – because a pretty bottle, makes drinking water fun
Hydrate or Die Electrolytes (code: BSTRONG for 20% off) – because hydration is more than just water
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE A PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. Thank you for supporting a small business!
Diet + Exercise Programs that ACTUALLY WORK!
Hi, I'm Brittany, Owner and Coach at The Mindful Body Balance! I went to school for Business, but later realized my passion was with nutrition and fitness, and helping other busy humans like myself create a healthy lifestyle that is manageable & sustainable!